Monday, November 27, 2006

Product Review: Tarte The Eraser Concealer + Happy News!

Coming home after a big exciting trip is always a bit... bleagh. You've gotta unpack, do laundry, respond to the gadzillion emails that have accumulated in your inbox... it's decidedly un-fun. But fortunately, I had something to look forward to...

I've been invited to join The Beauty Blog Network! A directory put together by none other than the fantastic Elke VonFreudenberg, it's comprised of some of the best beauty blogs out there. And... uh... me.

Anyway, I'm super thrilled to join the network. Plus, there's a handy weekly summary of what people around the blogosphere have been talking about. Bringing the best of beauty to your doorstep! (Screen-step?) Do check it out!


Now, on with the review. Remember how I was all wanting to try Tarte's The Eraser Concealer? Well, I finally did!




I really really wanted to like this, but it just wasn't going to happen. Don't get me wrong, the coverage was great. While not as opaque as it could be, it looked very natural and skin-like. It applied seamlessly, like a thin, smooth, flexible layer of second skin. That's the silicone at work for ya, I guess. It was just creamy enough to feel smooth and substantial, without being hard to blend.

The applicator is a bit finicky -- it's like those lip glosses with the brush on the end, where you have to twist the bottom to advance the product. If you've used those, you know they're kind of a pain. But it does save on you toting a separate brush around if you're travelling.

The biggest thing though, was the shade selection. I bought the "Light" shade, thinking that it'd be perfect for my light-to-medium warm skintone. Sadly, it was just a titch too dark for using on undereye circles, and isn't that the whole point? It *was* great for concealing blemishes and redness, but so are lots of other, cheaper concealers. I tried the "Fair" shade as well, but that was too light. Sigh. Back to Sephora it went.

So until Tarte comes out with a "Fairly Light" shade or something, I'm out of luck. But if you think you can find a shade match, I'd definitely recommend giving this a shot. Just be sure the store allows refunds... I'd have been mighty pissed had I been out $27 CAD!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 11:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all - Welcome Home!
In 13 days I'll have access to Sephora!

Be so happy that you're in the T., it's -40 with windchill in the c-spot today.

Craziness!

Congrats on being a well recognized beauty blog. You deserve all the kudos!

 
At 4:53 p.m., Blogger Kat said...

OMG What? There is a sephora opening in calgary? I really do live under a rock! My goodness, having strep for a month really will kill parts of your brain!
Where is the store?? I looked on the internet and couldn't find anything.....

 
At 6:12 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

CW: Thanks! Yucko to the -40... I won't tell you our weather today, it's too depressing. But you're off to much sunnier climates soon!

Kat: Strep for a month? Bummer! And sadly, there is no Sephora opening in Cgy to my knowledge... Cowgirl Warrior is leaving on a jet plane to Hawaii in 2 weeks is all! :)

 
At 9:29 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Congrats on your invitation. Perhaps this calls for a celebratory layout change... You know, 'cause now you're gonna want to look all pro and shit.

 
At 9:47 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

MOTC: Thanks, but dude, did you just rip on your own layout? Or are you just really bored and need a project?

 
At 10:13 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Both?

 
At 5:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try mixing a drop of your foundation into the concealer and you'll get the perfect color everytime! ;)

Oh, and welcome to the network!

 
At 10:21 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Hi Elke! Oooh, I forgot about trying that. I'll have to dig up my sample of the Fair shade & give it another go, thanks for the tip!

 
At 8:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sephora is opening in Calgary this year...probably summer 07!!! Its going in the old Caban store at Chinook Mall. FINALLY.

 
At 12:00 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

HURRAY!!!!! It's about damned time. God that place is going to be INSANE for the first couple of months. Is the new H&M going in Chinook too? H&M AND Sephora, how exciting!

 
At 9:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

H&M is going into Market Mall next to Le Chateau. Its under construction right now!

 
At 9:48 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

That is so awesome, because I'm ALL about not paying the extra 8% tax! Thanks for the info makeupmommy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home