Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

Hi y'all! How've you been? I've finally made it back across the pond after a fabulous trip... castles! Scotch! Accents! Shopping!


The Glasgow Museum of Modern Art at night. Pretty, no?


Oh the shopping. There was so! much! shopping! And speaking of shopping, there's really no better person to do it with than my now-in-real-life (zomg!) friend Erin and her lovely (and patient) fiancée. Seriously, girl knows how to shop, and her bargain-hunting skills surpass even my own. She graciously took me to a bunch of UK hotspots where I proceeded to go completely insane and grab things off the rack like a crazy person. (She had coupons! How could I resist?)

So that was crazy fun. Plus Erin introduced me to some incredible loose eyeshadows from BarryM, and Bourjois products are like half the price over there, so... yeah... I... I spent rather a lot. But it was worth it!

And I'm sure everyone will be much relieved to know that Hen was spot on and my Conair iron worked just fine with the plug adaptor. Of course, I only used it once the whole trip... apparently, it rains daily in Scotland, yo. Oh well, it's about options, people.


A big ferris wheel! This was taken on the way up the hill to the Edinburgh Castle. A castle!


Other things that are spot on: CW's and Chicken's recommendations -- M&S rules! And Astral cream is possibly the best moisturizer I've tried in a long time. My hands felt like silk after I put some on. Pity that I only bought the travel size (luggage space was at a premium), but maybe I can convince The Boy to bring some back. "Well I know it's 500 mL babe, and I know you've only got a hiking backpack, but have I mentioned how much I love you and hey have you been working out?"

Alrighty-roo, I've got to jet and take care of some schoolish business. Who knew taking a week off would mean that you'll have loads of work waiting for you? But stay tuned, I've got some exciting news to share on Monday! Whoo hoo! In the meantime, hope those of you in the States are having a great Thanksgiving weekend, have a drumstick for me!



PS: Chicken, I replied to your concealer question in the post, but here it is again just in case. Full details to follow, but I think I am in love with Cinema Secrets' foundation/concealer. Not sure where you can buy it in London, but I got mine at Industry Cosmetics in Toronto. They do online sales, but do charge for shipping.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wickedy-doo! You're back!

As I am at work, I will need to check your responses on the concealer et al in a few.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and YES there is just so much to shop for in the UK! Thanks for the props and hey anytime you need to be reminded of what to put on a shopping list, just shout!

Hope you managed a chip butty as well (I can't believe I forgot to mention that one - almost like going to Montreal and not having poutine...)

Cheers!
~:>

 
At 12:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really need to read things before up-and-posting. Sorryola on the asking where to get the Cinema Secrets - per the above - you actually posted where to shop. Sheesh.

Must note to get to Industry when in T.O. - hmm, now how to get the good Monkey-pilot to not notice we're going make-up shopping.

Looking all befuddled ~:>

 
At 12:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chicken! Sadly, I did not try a Chip Butty. But my ex's brother use to put fries in his McDonald's hamburgers, is that the same thing? :)

Oh, and Industry's is right across from a Wendy's. There are few men I know who would not be content to sit there and enjoy a moment of silence with a Bacon Double Cheeseburger, or bowl of Chili or what have you. (Try dipping fries in their Frosty's if you haven't already, it's addictive!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home