Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Today's Perfume: Comptoir Sud Pacifique Ecume de Thé

So, the weather outside is frightful
The draft in my room's just delightful*
But so long as the sky doesn't snow
I'll let it go, let it go, let it go...



Ahem. There's a reason I have a make-up blog, and not a song-writing blog.

Anyway. Yeah, it's getting chilly out. And with the grey skys and crisp weather, it seems kind of weird to wear something super-ultra-sunny-fruity-sweet. Which isn't to say that I won't do it, I'm just saying it's weird. So today, I reached for my sample of CSP's Ecume de Thé, to see if it would make me feel more "Fall".




Basically.... I don't like this. I like tea, so I thought I might like this, but I really don't. It doesn't even smell like tea to me. I get an initial blast of sticky sweetness, and then this note of... I don't know what. I've been trying to figure it out all day. It reminds me of something edible, like a fruit with a pit, or maybe some sort of nut? I can't pinpoint it. I guess it's the tea note, but I would have never described it as such if this didn't have the word TEA in the title.

There is a hint of well-behaved spice to this, and a bit of smooth smoke. I think of woody, dark green and brown things. Which tea leaves technically are and all. There's also an almost licorice tang to this that I find sort of disagreeable. The listed notes are: bergamot, lemon leaf, hibiscus, lotus, orange pekoe tea, mate, and tea wood.

So... yeah. Not a fan. Lasting power is unfortunately good on me. There IS something nice way down in the drydown -- I suspect it's some sort of mild musk. But overall, I am disappointed. Is this what tea perfumes smell like? Where's my cup of Earl Grey or English Breakfast, dammit?



* .......
.......
.......
...NOT!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:09 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

The fact that you of all people can't recognize the note is a bad sign, you fragrance encyclopedia you.
I actually posted a review today on my product blog. I can't believe how long it's been since the last one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home