Monday, November 13, 2006

Calling all Ex-Pats!

Hurray, I am off to Glasgow in mere hours, presumably to visit The Boy, who is currently studying there. Little does he know that this is just an excuse -- I'm really going for some cross-Atlantic bounty procuring (aka: shopping), and to hopefully hang out with a fellow blogger & Benji fan.




So, to those of you who are from the UK, have spent time there, or just generally know about these things, here is my question:

Are there any awesome beauty goodies that I simply must get while I'm there?

I mean, the UK Body Shops have freakin' Pink Grapefruit body butters, but at almost $26 CAD for a 200mL tub... I'm not sure even I can justify that. But there must be something else that puts the bloom in those English Rose cheeks! Do share!

Oh, and it doesn't have to be beauty related. For example, I'll definitely be picking up some Milky Way bars for the ride home*. And I know that they're basically the same thing as the Three Muskateers bars, but somehow, Milky Ways just taste better. More celestial, maybe.


But yes, leave a comment, or email me any suggestions. And then I can buy more shiny pretty things and review them here, and the cycle will be complete! Thanks in advance!



* Not to be confused with the American Milky Way bars, which are apparently the equivalent of our Mars Bars here in Canada ("Now Peanut Free!"). It's all very confusing, go here to see a handy comparison. Warning: do NOT click that if you are feeling hungry, or are trying to avoid sweets. Seriously.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:39 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

Have too much fun and then come back and tell me about it.
All I can think of is Mark's and Spencers when I think U.K.
If there are finds to be found you will succeed.
Happy travels!

 
At 1:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I didn't realise you were heading over to the homeland, so I spose I won't get a response on the MAC Select questioné for a bit!

I'm a Londoner now residing in the other slightly less fashionable London after the stint in T.O. Hee. I enjoy it though, more trees in this London! And it's much less grey - meaning that my under-eye circles don't get camouflaged as much as back home. Ah well!

Have a grrreat trip, and if you're checking your blog while away, be sure to pick up:

From Boots:

- Astral Cream (heavy body cream in a lumpy little blue tub that's great for extra dry elbows, knees, hands overnight etc. - the smell reminds me of my Dad - which, as you haven't met my Dad, or me for that matter, this probably won't help the description. Okay, it's just good stuff).

- Any Cadbury's chockies - they're the real thing over there.

- Marks and Sparks Prawn Cocktail Crisps - my fave snack crisp ever

Okay, that's it - If I keep on listing things I will miss it there and leave here...

Hope the converted straightener worked!

Chicken ~:>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home