Friday, October 20, 2006

5 things on a Friday

Hi everyone! How are you these days? I'm sadly still thesis-ing, there is no end in sight! But I thought I'd pop by and update a bit. Here, have a list!


1. I am sick. Boo.

2. Hey, check it out, I finally got an avatar! I custom-built it at Abi-Station -- there are lots of options to choose from, and it's far too easy to accidentally spend hours on fiddling around with your graphical mini-me. You have been warned.

Anyway, this is cool, because now y'all can see what I look like. That is, what I would look like if my head took up 60% of my body-weight, I didn't currently have hair-from-hell, I had ginormous eyes, and was perpetually winking. The coffee cup and shopping bag are, however, pretty much entirely accurate.

3. I have hair-from-hell!!! Keeping in theme with Halloween and all. I went to get it cut at this student place, and... well, let's just say it was a bad idea. It's shorter than I wanted it (it's ALWAYS shorter than I want it), and she cut the front layers weird, so that there's this strange step-y half-bang thing going on. Aargh. As it is, it's got me doing the side-swept bangs thing to try hide it, but hopefully it'll be fixed before I go to Glasgow.

4. Hey! I'm goin' to Glasgow in less than a month!!! Wheeee! The tickets are bought and everything, I'm so excited!!!

5. I think I'm going to be a pregnant cheerleader for Halloween. It is an odd fact of life that any costume generally becomes funnier when you add the pregnancy aspect. Okay, fine, I just want to play with pom-poms and pretend to be a cheertator for the night.


Okay! Well, I should get going and do something about plenty of hot fluids. I hope to be back soon because I want very badly to talk about stuff like the new Cover Girl TruBlend Whipped Foundation (meh) and red lip products (I can't stop buying them!!).

Oh hey! It's my 100th post! Yipiee!

Love (but no hugs or kisses, as I do not want to give you sick germs),
~G

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeewwwwww! Sick germs! You are hereby sequested for the rest of the weekend!!

And for the quadrillionth time, you hair looks GOOD!!!

 
At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Ooh, lemme see it when you come to Glasgow before you change it! :):):)

I'm so excited, by the way! I love the internet and the ridiculousness of how small the world is :):):)

 
At 5:30 p.m., Blogger Kat said...

Boo for being sick! I know how you feel! I actually had to take 3 days off work! 3 WHOLE DAYS! I rarely ever take the full 1 hour lunch so three days is going to kick my ass! Lucky (or should I say unlucky) for me I could catch up on work from home using my handy remote desktop conection to the server at work. Well back to work I go...
I was so sick I even had to cancel the massage/facial/mani/pedi the boy got me for my birthday, BUMMER! Stupid sickness!

 
At 1:27 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

That sucks that you feel sick, get better soon. I like the cover girl stuff.
Love, love, love the avatar site. You're right hours could be spent on this.

 
At 11:27 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Roomie: I think I stayed true to that quarantine... at least this way, no one had to see my hair. (Kidding, kidding, I'm over it. Okay, not really, but it'll grow.)

Erin: We'll see if it lasts that long! ;) It's going to be such great times, I can't wait!!

Kat: Holy crap, I can't imagine what your inbox would've been like had you not been able to work from home! You must've been some kinda ill to cancel such pampering... you could reschedule though, right?

(Oh, and HAPPY BELATED!!)

CW: I'm mostly better now, thanks! I'm still playing with the CG whipped stuff, but I at least like it a gadzillion times more than the Maybelline Dream Mousse version. Which is not saying much, really.

Your avatar is so cute, the eyes & glasses look so much like you it's almost kind of creepy! Except it's still cute. Creepy-cute. Yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home