Monday, June 11, 2007

SHOES

Yipiee, the Comments for a Cure eBay auctions are up! We've decided to split up the uber-ginormous auctions into several smaller-but-still-ginormous ones, so that lots of people can have a chance to bid. Also, not even a makeup junkie like me could use *that* much stuff! Rest assured though, each auction is still chock full of luscious goodies, so go check 'em out!

Sharon Bolton Scented Candle & Perfume Oil Retail: $70, Starting Bid $10

Nubar Nail Collections and Manicure Set Retail: $119, Starting Bid: $20

Zoya Nail Collections & Gift Basket Retail: $132, Starting Bid: $20

Gigantic Goodie Bag #1 (Bourjois Paris! Kenzo! China Glaze!) Retail: $500, Starting Bid: $50

Gigantic Goodie Bag #2 (DuWop! Alterna! More Kenzo!) Retail: $360, Current Bid: $50

Gigantic Goodie Bag #3 (Tarte! So much Tarte!) Retail $460, Current Bid $66

Gigantic Goodie Bag #4 (T3 Tourmaline Appliances! Dermacia! Max Factor!) Retail: $1040, Starting Bid: $100



In other news: Shoes. I don't usually post about this, but I'm so delighted by my recent find that I feel I should share. You see, I am a lover of strappy heels and tall boots, because, well come on! They're strappy heels and tall boots! However, with the lazy hazy days of summer arriving, sometimes you just want to throw on a pair of damn sneakers and get out of the house, ya know?

The problem is, nothing I own (other than a couple pairs of jeans) really goes with sneakers. I'm a dress-pants and flippy-skirts kinda girl. Sundresses are calling out to me. I just don't feel right wearing runners with most of my outfits, and flip flops are too casual for work.

But oh oh oh, I don't have to worry anymore! Lay your eyes on these lovlies:



These flats are perfect! Girly and cute without being too casual or athletic. I can pair these with jeans, skirts, dresses, trousers... everything! Plus they're flat, comfy, and closed-toed, which is just the ticket for days when I'm too tired/busy to deal with touching up my pedicure.

You'll never believe where I found them either: Athletes World. For reals! They were $40 for 2 pairs, so I also got these:




I'm not 100% about these ones. I half-think they're really cute, and half-think they're kind of ugly. Cugly? I'm leaning more towards the cute side though, they have this hint of a country picnic feel to them that I really like. They also come in blue with white dots (how nautical!), and cream with red/brown dots (also nice, but I was already dead set on the floral cream pair). Lots of other styles at the store too... give their website a visit if you're in the market for comfortable, good looking flats.

Much much love to these shoes! Now my feet can feel as light and carefree as the rest of my summery wardrobe!


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGWTFBBQ!!! These shoes are AWESOME! Je suis jealous!

 
At 11:39 a.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

Great shoes!
Looks like Canadians can't bid on the auction items, I just tried and because it says it will ship to the U.S and nothing about Canada it won't let me confirm a bid. Tres triste :(

 
At 4:40 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Roomie: Thanks! We totally need a shopping trip up to Heartland. They have miles of stuff.

CW: Yikes, I didn't know we couldn't bid! I saw the lack of shipping option, was going to email someone about that, but now I'll confirm if Canadians and overseas people can bid or not. Thanks for the heads up!

 
At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Michelle said...

Awww...I went to Athlete's World to check out the shoes, unfortunately they did not come in sizes less than 6 :( Damn my impossibly small feet. For what it's worth, I think the red shoes with white polka dots are super cute!

 
At 9:06 a.m., Blogger Kat said...

OMG, did you see Benji take his pants off? I seriously almost died laughing hahahaha. It was AWESOME! G was wondering why I was screaming like a teenage girl haha. He just doesn't understand. And WTF he is in the Candy Man video?? How the heck did I miss that? Apparently Lacey is in it too... CRAZINESS! Now I at least have a purpose at work today haha. So do you have a favorite yet this year? I'm glad the creapy guy got voted off, he scared me!

 
At 11:22 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Michelle: Wow. I did not know you have size 5 feet! You're pretty tall too... how do you not fall more? I always blame my klutzyness on the fact that my feet are relatively small for my height, but I think you've got my ratio beat... Either that, or I'm just a klutz through and through!

Kat: NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I missed it! Can you even believe? It was The Boy's grad the next day, so all of Thurs night was spent running around town prepping. I thought I'd be able to catch the show on timeshifting later on, but no dice. I didn't know about the drop trou moment until I read your comment, and I've been patiently waiting for someone to upload it onto YouTube since then.

Thank God I've seen it now. That boy is working them hips and shimmying straight into my heart (and, um, other, lower regions, I'm sure). It may have been for the best that The Boy didn't see me watch it live. That would have been awkward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home