Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Confessions

No longer just the name of an old Usher album (WHAAAT??? YEEEEAH!!) -- our favourite brainy bloggers over at The Beauty Brains tagged me in a meme -- my very first one, no less! This one lists 5 things about a blogger that were previously unknown to readers. Who knew Sara-bellum and I were addiction-twins? If I keep bugging Right Brain, will I get an invite for a home-cooked meal? And can I raid Left's CD collection?

Anyway, since I'm still working on some reviews (soon, promise!), this meme comes at a handy time. So without further ado, here are 5 Things You May Not Have Known About Me:


1. What book is currently on your nightstand?
Hm... does an unruly stack of unread journal articles count? I just finished Will Ferguson's Happiness, and have been reading Dorothy L. Sayer's Five Red Herrings for like a year -- I never get past the 2nd chapter, because I only remember that I'm reading it every couple of months, and then have to start from the beginning again. So far it's fascinating!



2. Who are your personal heroes or role models?
Oh wow. Well, my mom is pretty awesome. One also has to admire the coiffed blonde gumption that was Mary Kay Ash. She seemed like a great lady.




3. How do you relieve stress?
Shopping, she said sheepishly. Beef jerky. Going to band practice, when I did that. Singing loudly while driving down the highway also works, as does curling up with a good book or some trashy TV.






4. What music do you like?
Jazz, of course! (Emilie-Claire Barlow's new CD out June 19th! So cannot wait!) The Fratellis are also making me bop around a lot. They're Scottish and awesome.






5. What personal care product can’t you live without?
Well, there's the lip gloss, of course. And then the concealers, and foundations, and shine serums. The blog's tagline basically says it all. But lip gloss is definitely what I have most of, so I guess it wins!






And there ya go! I think how it works is that I tag someone next, so.... Meg, from Faking Good Breeding, you're it!

Happy Wednesday!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:21 a.m., Blogger Meg said...

Ooh, I can't wait to respond! I'll have one up this weekend, thanks so much for tagging me!! :)

 
At 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Came across your site today and LOVE IT. Just wanted to let you know that your June 2006 review of L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion was featured on The Winning Pitch. http://blog.thewinningpitch.com/

If you like what you see, please consider linking us to your site.

Thanks!

 
At 9:28 p.m., Blogger Kat said...

Our Benji was on SYTYCD tonight and it made me think of you! He was helping his sister out and still cute as a button! Aww, his sister reminded me of Heidi, it was great!

 
At 1:11 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Oh whoops, I just saw these comments!

Meg: Super, thanks so much for doing that! My other other other obsession is reading food blogs, so I think I'll definitely have to check out Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the Table. I've never read food-memoires, but it souunds very intriguing.

Molly: Hi, thanks so much for the visit and the feature! And an extra big THANK YOU for posting about our Comments for a Cure fundraiser!! :)

Kat: I'm so glad you thought his sister looked like Heidi too!! I was watching the show, but had no clue that Benji was going to be on, and so I practically spewed soda when I saw him. I tried to say something about how much Lacey remined me of Heidi, but it came out all like "OMG benji sister heidi lookalike dynasty hotness ohmigod eeeee!". So I don't think anyone really knew what I was trying to get at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home