Thursday, December 14, 2006

Product Quickie: Cover Girl wants my money

Hey y'all. Too busy for a proper review today, but good news! Cover Girl's Volume Exact mascara has been spotted on Canadian soil! I saw tubes of the stuff at Shopper's Drug Mart yesterday, and somehow managed to refrain from buying it right away. (I have so! much! mascara! right now.) Besides, I want to try using my Lash Exact brush with the Rimmel Magnif'eyes mascara first, just to see what will happen. (I'm sure it will be remembered as one of the great scientific experiments of our time.)


Cover Girl has released some TruBlend colour cosmetics. There's loose powder, a loose powder blush, and a line of lipsicks. The loose powder blush has me baffled... it looks like a regular loose powder, only shimmery, and coloured. It looks quite light, so it may be better suited as a highlighter.


The lipsticks, like the rest of the TruBlend line, claim to "match 97% of all skintones!" If you say so, Cover Girl. Anyway, they all look to be sheer, wearable shades. I tested them on my hand only, but they seemed to glide on smoothly, sort of gel-like. The lavendar shade I tested was pretty, but not terribly exciting or anything. I think this stuff might all be limited edition, anyway.



The new Advanced Radiance creme (or do they call it 'whipped'? I can't recall) makeup was much more exciting. Packaged in a TruBlend Whipped-like jar, this creme foundation is less airy, and more gel like. It felt quite nice on the back of my hand, and it smells yummy, like pink grapfruit or something. (This is probably off-putting to lots of people, but I really liked it. Wonder if it's got anything to do with that study about how wearing pink-grapefruit based perfumes make you smell younger?) Anyway, I didn't pick up one of those either, since I couldn't find a shade match I was crazy about. Buff Beige seemed to be closest, but it looked maybe a tad too neutral. I shall have to investigate more!


So nice try, Cover Girl, but my bank book wins this time. For now, anyway.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i look forward to trying it!

 
At 12:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh cover girl, always something new to try.
I finally updated my blog. It is just one short post, but now I feel a little bit better. I have been such a blog neglector! Stupid work! It gives me no time to blog!

 
At 5:06 p.m., Blogger Anne Charlotte said...

Having tried the Cover Girl mineral powder foundation, I thought it looked
a little dusty on my skin. On the other hand, I did experience an odd pleasure in looking like unglazed pottery. It's possible this powder can be revived with a layer of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil on top or any shimmery blush.

 
At 1:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, all I can think is that I want some yummy pink grapefruit perfume. Any recommendations?

~:>

 
At 6:33 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Yummy411: You'll have to let me know what you think... I shall have to live vicariously through you!

Kat: Hurray, an update! And speaking of neglecting blogs, it's time I put a post up, probably. But I'm coming home tomorrow, so little time, so much packing!

Charlotte: Hey, maybe "unglazed pottery" will be the hawt new look on the runways this Spring. I'll tell 'em you thought of it first! But seriously, that doesn't sound all that great, thanks for the heads up.

Chicken: Hmm... I quite like Demeter's Grapefruit Tea, but it might last like 32.7 seconds on you and then disappear. Their Pink Lemonade is nice too. YSL's In Love Again has a strong grapefruit note, but it's dry as opposed to sweet, and there's a musk backbone in there, which you may or may not like.

I usually get my Pink Grapefruit fix through The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Lotion (which is officially discontinued, I think, but you can sometimes snag a bottle after Christmas, when they sell off their old stock). As well, I am hopelessly addicted to their Pink Grapefruit home fragrance oil. It's good enough to eat. It may actually smell better than many things that I DO eat. It's only a matter of time before I snap and start rubbing it on my wrists and break out in hives or something.

I'm currently using Sephora's Pink Grapefruit Whipped Body Delight, which is also delish. A lot of J.Lo's Glow scents have Pink Grapefruit in them, although I've never tried any. And there's always So Pink at the Gap... kind of simple, but really refreshing on a hot day or after the gym.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home