Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Product Review: Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss

Today's review is brought to you by Meg's Makeup. Go here to read a condensed version of the review, or to see what other gals thought of the product!

Meg's gettin' lippy on me, y'all, and kindly sent over Cat Cosmetic's Buck Naked lip liner, ad the new Bourjois Effet 3D Mobile High Shine Lip Gloss Cell Charm Accessory. Whew, what a mouthful! Maybe she knew that after lip gloss, my cell phone is my must-have-or-else-I-hyperventilate item. Or maybe she somehow guessed my strange love of all things miniature. Either way, I was thrilled to see the products sitting in my mailbox.

First up, the Cat Cosmetics lip liner. I'm not really a liner girl, but I did like the consistency of this one. It glided on smoothly, and the twist-up mechanism means you don't have to worry about a sharpener. (Am I the only one who wears her liners down to the nub, and the gets all confused when it feels horrible and scratchy?) Sadly, the nude colour was too brown/orange for me, but it looks like it would work for those who like warm shades.


The real winner was the Bourjois gloss. My cell phone doesn't have a place to attach the lanyard, but it doesn't matter, the gloss still rocks. It's moisturizing and smooth, with just the right amount of colour and shine. The shade, Beige Théoric, has just enough pink to go awesomely well with my skintone. It's all, "Hey baby, I make this nude lip thing look gooood".




I love using the mini gloss over Bourjois' rose coloured lip stain, or on its own. The tiny size means I can bring it anywhere, and the brush tip (SO much better than the felt doe-foot applicators!) make precise touch-ups a breeze. I've got the full-sized versions of the glosses in Cassis Tropique and Framboise Energetic, and they all have the same sweet scent, plush texture, and great staying power.

Granted, the Bourjois glosses are not exactly super cheap at about $20 CAD, but if you've got a few extra bucks to spend, I do think these are an excellent choice. Plus they'd make a great stocking stuffer for any lucky gal on your Christmas list!


[Edit: I should clarify... the full sized gloss is $20, the mini is about $12, I think.]

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool. Mini lip gloss on a lanyard to attach to a cell phone :)


-Rick

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Yeah, they think of everything, don't they! :)

 
At 6:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this lip gloss! it seems to be the best lip gloss:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home