Friday, December 01, 2006

Product Review: Bourjois Bons Baisers de Paris Lip Stain Pens

Okay, I'll try to be short and sweet today (for once), there's Christmas shopping to be done!

You all know that I love lipgloss to manic levels. But, even I must admit their faults -- while they look all sparkly and shiny and pretty, they sure as heck aren't going to last you through a round of festive cocktails or holiday nibbles. And really, when you're trying to charm that cute guy who works in accounting during your office Christmas party*, you need those smackers to be bringing their A-game, dammit!

Which is why I'm loving these lip stain pens from Bourjois.




All you have to do is swipe on the stain from the felt-marker-like tip, give it a few seconds to set, and you've got a lovely flush of colour that'll last through happy hour and then some. Rose Préféré (pictured) gives a fresh, youthful pinky colour. Very pretty and natural-looking. Framboise Bonheur is darker berry pink. It looks cool on paper and in the package, but somehow turn a bit brickish on my lips. I don't like it as much as the rose shade, but it does work as a great base under darker glosses.

These lip stains are not drying, and feel like water going on. I have found that the colour tends to come out of the side of the tip rather than the tip itself, but this is no biggie. Application is a snap. (Speaking of snaps though, don't open these one-handed. I tried once, and the whole tip snapped off accidentally. Fortunately, the store let me swap for a new one)

You can pair these with lipstick, lipgloss, or even under plain ol' lipbalm, and the slim sticks will fit in all but the tiniest of clutches. Most importantly, you'll be able to spend more time chatting up the Accounting Adonis, instead of running to the Ladies' every 15 mins to touch up your gloss. I'll expect an invite to the wedding.


[EDIT: Apparently, I love these so much that I posted the review 3 times. Whoops.]

* Or, in my case, try to use it to dazzle, blind, or otherwise distract your supervisor so he doesn't ask the dreaded "So.... how's that thesis coming along?"

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued, will check it out

 
At 10:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see these on their website, where did you get yours?

 
At 6:04 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Hmmm... I got mine at Superdrug, a chain drug store in the UK, but it's not showing up on their site either. I swear I'm not crazy, I really did buy them there! :) Anyway I've also seen them at Sephora.

 
At 2:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the anonymous poster looking where to buy these. I wound up ordering mine in peche passion from ULTA.com. I love it too! You can use it as a lip liner and color and it lasts all day. I put lip gloss over it too and it doesn't budge.

 
At 1:16 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

So happy you found them, Anon! I'll be itching to try the peach colour in the summer...

 
At 3:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got this as a free gift with my purchase at Ulta. I was eager to try it since I looked at it quickly and read that it was a lip stain and I'm all for lip colors that stay on! I tried it the moment I got home and I fell in love with it immediately. I got it in Framboise Bonheur. It's a great color for me. I became such a fan that I went on their website to check for other colors and noticed that they didn't have it on their site as well. I will probably be returning to Ulta soon to look for more colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home