Sunday, December 16, 2007

Perfect Presents: Stocking Stuffers!



I have several friends who swear that the stockings are the best part of Christmas. (I am certain they mean aside from the spirit of love and generosity and gratitude and all that) I can kind of see their point... opening up your stocking is like getting surprise present after surprise present, and the usually-copious amounts of chocolate in there don't hurt none neither!

But of course, some of the best treats don't play havoc with your blood sugar levels. Here are some of my top picks for stocking stuffing, sure to delight your favourite beauty junkie on Christmas morning!



Bourjois Kisses From Paris mini-lipgloss set. I've written about these cute mini glosses before, and now Bourjois is offering them as a set for the holidays, with a keychain instead of the cell phone lanyard (hooray!). In flattering shades of pink and beige, these glosses are smooth, long-lasting, and relatively non-sticky. And they come with itty-bitty brush applicators that are perfect for application.

If you can't get to a Sephora, I've seen similar glosses from Rimmel at Shopper's Drug Mart. They are sheerer than the normal Vinyl Lip glosses, but have the same nice texture. They don't have the outrageous orange scent, so if that's prevented you from enjoying Rimmel glosses before, give these mini's a try!


L'Oreal's also gotten on the palette bandwagon, but at a much cheaper price than you'd find at Sephora or Ulta. Released as part of the Star Secrets line, you too can look like Eva, or Andie, or Penelope with lip, eye, and cheek colours, all in one slim package. Apx. $17 CAD at drugstores.


You all know of my love for The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Body Butter. But it can get kind of pricey for a stocking stuffer. I am pleasantly surprised to report that the WalMart version of this stuff is actually pretty good! Not the body butter itself, which has this odd rubbery texture to it. But the hand lotion and regular lotion are decent, and while the scent is not quite as mouth-watering as the Body Shop's version, it is zippy and refreshing and delicious. Not bad for $2 for the mini/travel sizes!

Of course, I must give a shout-out to Crazy Rumours lipbalm. The Apple Spice flavour is especially festive. I finally tried the Orange Bergamot, and it's incredible! Perfect for keeping those cracked winter lips at bay.


Okay, I know this is not a beauty item per se, but it's so awesome it must have a mention: Jergen's Green Tea Handsoap. It smells INCREDIBLE. Fresh and uplifting and just how you'd want your handsoap to smell. The smell lingers a bit after using too. Who knew washing your hands could be this much fun??








Voluspa's Vervain Olive Leaf candles are a wonderful way to brighten up a room. The crisp bright lemony fragrance is grounded by a bit of earthiness. It awakens the senses and just makes a room seem cleaner and bigger. It comes in the depicted full size, but I prefer the little travel candle in a sleek black tin. Perfect for the frequent flyer, to make all those hotel rooms seem a little bit more homey. $10 at Chapters or Indigo stores (not online), and they come in several other scents as well.




Wow, I could go on for ages! I guess size really doesn't matter, little gifts can rock as much as big ones! :)


This review was posted for me by the ever-fabulous Ex-Roomie, who is kindly administering the blog while I am gallivanting around Asia. I will respond to comments and emails when I get back. Promise!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:13 a.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

I almost fell out of my desk chair when I read your comment about Walmart pink grapefruit. Good to know.

I hope you have a great Christmas my friend.

Hugs!

 
At 12:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. These are awesome stuff and to complete the whole package, I wanna include lanyards on the list. If you guys are looking for some cool, unique, affordable and made-to-perfection lanyards to pair with your chains, holders, and etc., you may check out this page now --> pumpkinstall.com. Salute :)!

 
At 2:20 a.m., Anonymous Ricardo Della Coletta said...

Awesome blog you have heree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home