Tuesday, July 03, 2007

3 M's

Yowza it's been a long time! I'm sorry for the delay, dear readers, I'm in the throes of the 3 M's: Marking, Moving, and Makin' Whoopee. (Okay, not that last one.) (Well, not that you need to know about anyway.)

Marking is (boring) business as usual, but moving! That's new. The lovely Roomie and I have decided to leave the dank craphole that is our current appartment and quit giving our landlord slumlord any more of our hard-earned cash. Which means the past little while has been full of appartment hunting, and in my case, shopping for furniture, appliances, and general house-stuff. Because although my illogical collection of 16 zillion martini and cocktail glasses is all fine and dandy, you can't exactly fry an egg in any of them.

In addition to all this hooplah, there's lots of travel involved in the next few weeks, plus it's Roomie's birthday soon, which means bad things for posting. I haven't even had time to watch SYTYCD to see if my beloved Jessi made it through her tragic illness*. (Though CNTM has barely made it into the schedule)




Nobody rocks weird lamb ears like this girl does! Mwah!


But hang tight, dear friends! I will be back, saying alternately loving and snarky things about various products as per usual! In the meantime, I hope you are having a beautiful time out there in blog-land. Check back soon!


* Okay, so I just googled it and apparently she WAS sent home, and, according to this online petition that you bet your ass I'm going to sign, was sent home without any sort of real reason from the judges. This is deplorable. I am incensed, I say! INCENSED!


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard-earned cash? I don't know about that... However, I do think we owe it to the taxpayers who pay us to "work" to not waste our (their) precious dollars on crappy apartments anymore! Much better to "waste" our dollars on fine cheeses and booze.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Glitterati!
Finally a post about SYTYCD! I was worried that you wouldn't be watching this season without Benji - he is in the audience quite often you know! I LOVE this season, so much fun! So many people I really want to keep on.
I was crushed when Jessie was eliminated because I really liked her and Pasha as a couple, se-xy! But I think that may be the reason for the elimination, didn't it seem a bit weird how she was always talking about how great he is? A little obsessive perhaps...
Congrats on moving, slumlords suck! No need for that kind of aggravation when you can get clean healthy living for your hard earned cash!
K

 
At 2:47 p.m., Blogger Kat said...

Man, I was SO mad when they let her go. I felt out of everyone her solo wasn't the worst, it may not have been the best, but it certainly wasn't the worst! I felt that if they were voting off people for crap solos than anya or whatever her name is should have been gone. Not JESSE! I loved her! She was definately my fave! And I'm mad that the stupid guy who can't dance is still in the competition. Grrr!
Maybe they got rid of Jesse because of her having to go to the hospital and all that stuff. If that happens a lot to her than she could have been a liability to the show. I'm still not happy about it though!!

 
At 10:00 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Roomie: Amen! I prefer my mold on my bleu, thankyouverymuch.

Anon: Hi K! I've seen a bit of this season of SYTYCD, but not as much as I'd have liked, hence the lack of dancey posts. I missed a lot of the Jessie/Pasha weirdness since I've only really seen them perform a couple of times, but have caught up a bit on YouTube. I miss the obsessiveness... she's clearly a girl after my own heart! :)

Kat: Yeah, apparently it was the 2nd time she'd gone to the hospital for dehydration? It still seems so weird that they let her go without saying anything at all. I totally did not understand Anya's solo... didn't she just walk around the stage a bit? I kept waiting for the dance part to start, but all she did was walk around. Baffling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home