Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shopper's Roll Call: Mini Reviews

Oooh, I've had a most delicious morning. I woke up at 7:30 for some reason, and have spent the past 2 hours eating an abhorrently unhealthy breakfast* and catching up on my blog reading. I also wandered on over to the Shopper's website, as I am nearly out of my moisturizer (L'Oreal HappyDerm with SPF 15) and wanted to see if they had any sales going on. And they do! Not on HappyDerm or anything I really need, but when has necessity or pragmatics ever stopped me? The following are things I have tried and loved, and will probably buy. (Hey, there's no Provincial Sales Tax here, so really, I'm SAVING money by shopping. Right?)


Almay Smart Shade Makeup: I've raved about this lightweight foundation here, and I continue to love it. It held up relatively well even in the hot and sticky Floridian climate. Get 15% off plus 500 bonus points until Friday on this and select other Almay face products!







Rimmel Blush: Apparently, some Rimmel products are on sale for $3 this week. If you're in the market for a new blush, or if you're bored and looking to try something for minimal risk, do check out their powder blushes. They're nothing fancy, but the colours are pretty and wearable, and the formulas are very nice (ludicrously nice, if you consider the low price). I own Santa Rose (pictured) and Pink Rose, and both give a nice, natural flush, depending on whether I'm going for a warmer or cooler look, respectively.



Marcelle Facial Cleansing Cloths: These babies came free along with the Marcelle Sheer Tint tinted moisturizer that I bought a while back. These are probably the softest pre-moistened cloths I've tried. They remove makekup well and don't leave behind any filaments or residue. Marcelle hawks its products as being safe for sensitive skin, and these wipes didn't irritate at all. At $7.99 a pack, these are perfect for keeping at the office or in the car. Select other Marcelle skink care products are 25% off, plus 500 bonus points.



Urban Lines Shampoo & Conditioner: Okay, so these I didn't actually LOVE. But it seems like Shopper's is really trying to push them, so I thought I'd talk about them a bit. When first introduced, they were priced at $10 a bottle, which is a bit much in my books (they ARE 500mL though, so you're getting quite a bit of product). They were having a 2-for-1 deal, so I decided to try out the Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner.

The packaging is kind of nifty looking, but in terms of performance, it's nothing special. The shampoo is fine. It cleans my hair and doesn't do anything funky to it. The conditioner is also pretty nondescript -- it's adequate, but I prefer something a little heavier for my heat-styled and colour treated hair. The pump mechanism is a good idea, but it can be a bit hard to pump out sometimes, and the hefty bottles can be awkward if you don't have a lot of shelf space in your shower. To me, the biggest selling point would be the clean, light, and decidedly unisex scent. It's almost ... antiseptic somehow, without being unpleasant. This would be great for guys and gals who just want a functional shampoo and conditioner without any heavy floral or citrus scent. The current price of $8.99 is still a titch high in my books, but you might be enticed by the 1000 bonus points that you'll get if you purchase 2 items in the line.

Well, that's enough out of me for today, time to get some real work done! Happy shopping!


* No I won't tell.**
** Okay, fine, it involved chocolate and caramel. And only chocolate and caramel. Are you sick to your stomach yet? Hey, I'm on vacation, it's allowed!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:24 p.m., Blogger Vintage Barbie said...

I just love the Rimmel Blush! I use the Santa Rosa and the Bronze in the summer. Great, great product...and so cheap!

 
At 4:04 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Hi VintageBarbie! I know, aren't they fab? Love the cheap thrill that comes with buying one... makes me think I should check out the Bronze shade!

Thanks for visiting & commenting! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home