Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Product Review: Monyette Paris Cashmere Body Mist

Today's review is brought to you by Meg's Makeup. Go there to read a condensed version of the review, or to see what other gals thought of the product!

Hey y'all, how've you been? Life is pretty much insane right now in GlitterWorld, as you may have noticed from my lack of posting (it is, for instance, much more entertaining than Water World ever was). And really, if I'm too busy to fawn fanatically over Benji, how much time can I really spare on using those pretty girly products that make me bring out my fabulous self?

Fortunately, the Monyette Paris Cashmere Body Mist is a clever little multitasker. I've been reading about Monyette Paris for about a year now -- a lot of people seem very devoted to it. The scent proper comes in perfume oil form, which is not really my preferred way of wearing fragrance. (Perfume oils tend to stay close to the skin, and I like the 'waft' that I get from eau de toilettes or parfums more.) But this dry oil spray is another story all together.




First, the scent. I can see why Monyette Paris has so many followers... it's a warm, sensuous, feminine smell. The listed notes are Tahitian gardenia, French muguet du bois, and island vanilla orchid. Many reviewers mention that they get a suntan lotion or coconut smell out of it, but fortunately, there's not a hint of coconut to be found when it's on my skin. (I HATE smelling like coconut.) I'm typically not a fan of warm scents, and you'd be hard pressed to find a prominent vanilla note in my perfume collection. But I really do like this fragrance. To me, there's a hint of powder in there that keeps it clean and soft, not sickly or overly sweet. The concentration of scent is lighter in the mist than it would be in the perfume oil, and so I find it very easy to wear.

As for the functionality, the Cashmere Body Mist is tagged as a dry oil spray, and it really does make my skin feel silky smooth. (It is KILLER on freshly-shaved legs. I can stop touching them. Which, I'm sure, makes for a very entertaining visual for any passers-by) It absorbs quickly and doesn't feel slick or greasy. It adds a very soft, subtle sheen to the skin, but that fades after an hour or so. You're just left with supple-looking skin after that. At any rate, you won't have to worry about looking like an oil-slicked Greco-Roman wrestler or muscle mamma. (Of course, if your skin is on the dry side, this alone won't cut it. But for me, I can get by sans moisturizer if I use the oil spray.)

This stuff is great for the summer. For one, the scent is very befitting of a sunset cocktail party on some breezy patio somewhere. It's also super for when you don't want to bother with sticky, heavy moisturizer... just spritz on, smooth out, and go! The slight sheen makes one feel very Hollywood indeed, and the soft fragrance is inviting, classy, and chic.

Props to Monyette Paris Cashmere Body Mist, and mega props to Meg's Makeup for making this review possible, and for introducing me to this yummy smell!

Oh! And IT'S WEDNESDAY-DANCEDAY!!!!!!! Wheeeee!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home