Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PSA: The Body Shop sale!

Oh dear, has it been a week already? Sorry folks, I've been uber busy lately, and life is pretty darn exciting right now. But here's another Public Service Announcement:

The Body Shop is having a sale! (You can tell there's new management at work because they NEVER used to have proper sales.) This might be old news to a lot of you, but I picked up an Africa Spa dry oil spray for like $6. This stuff is AWESOME... smells yummy and cozy and divine, and makes skin feel silky smooth, not sticky. Plus, the tall & narrow glass bottle looks classy and unique. They also have the Sesame dry oil spray on sale for the same price. Sadly this means that the 2 items are being discontinued, so stock up while you can!


Other items on sale include assorted Home Fragrance Oils, some LE fragrance line that I didn't even know had been introduced (Spring-something or other? It's pale green, and smells light, fresh, and inoffensive. Nothing too exciting though), and a couple Body Butters (Sesame and Soy, perhaps?). They've also got the Juice It line on sale here, but only have Mango Peach and Coconut Lime. My favourite (Lime & Mint) was missing, and so I gave it all a pass.



Possibly more exciting than the discontinued stock, there's a deal on select Body Care products as well. Until August 1st, you can buy one item and get another at half price. This includes all the Body Butters (full & trial size) and the matching dry oil sprays, body washes, lotions, and scrubs. (Stuff like Vanilla, Oceanus, and those 'classic' scents are not included in this offer.) I picked up a Nut oil spray, because I love how Nut Butter smells, but it's too sticky and heavy to use in the summer. Lip Butters are also included in this sale. I didn't get any because I happen to think that the Lip Butters suck major frog butt, but you may feel differently.



So yeah, if you've got a hankering for some Body Butters or something, get on down to your local Body Shop. But you should know that the they've eff-in' raised their prices YET AGAIN ($19 for a Body Butter?!?! Come on now!). Oh, and they're "re-packaging" the makeup line, for what seems like the 3rd time in 5 years.


But yes, the Africa Spa dry oil spray is killer. I'm very happy with it. I'd be even happier if one Benji Schwimmer smoothed it onto my back after a long soak in the bath, of course, but you probably didn't need to read about that. Sorry.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah life is exciting. IT'S WEDNESDAY!

*brg

 
At 4:03 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

PHWOAR! Dancy goodness!!!

 
At 4:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goody... it's boob grabbage day. So glad, now I won't have to shop vicariously through your blog tonite!
luv ya,
Poster #1

 
At 8:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Ms. G has run off to find Benji now that Donyelle confirmed what I've been saying all along...she and Benji are just good friends.

I know. I know. It is tough to be me -- beautiful, caring and smart.

*BRG

 
At 9:23 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Poster#1: Boob-grabbage day!!!! I almost spilled my soda when I read that!

JaNeal: I'm here, I'm here! Nigel is so behind in the times, doesn't he know that all of the internet has already decided that Benji will win? He better recognize!

BRG: When did Donyelle say that? Did I miss it? Has my life regained that spark of hope previously extinguished by my gentle yet reluctant resignation over Benjyelle's apparent love affair? Oh, and you forgot to include 'charmingly modest'! ;)

 
At 10:36 a.m., Blogger Berlina said...

For the price of the body butters you may as well trot over to Sephora...their body butters or body souffle or something they're called are heavenly and wonderful and a trial size is 8$ just about priced along the body shop butters....

And I really think Benji has a thing for Donyelle...those little pecs seem to be growing more and more...Im not sure if she likes him back but I think he's definitely got a crush.

 
At 2:14 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Berlina: That's a good idea actually, I didn't know the Sephora trial sizes were so cheap. Well, not cheap, but if TBS keeps raising their prices for NO REASON, I might as well try out other lines.

Mmm.... Benji's pecs.... 'scuse me a minute, hafta wipe the drool off my keyboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home