Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happiness!

Hi folks!

You know what happiness is? It is sitting around in my living room with not one single test or essay to grade. It is nibbling on some cheese while sipping a nice single malt*. and watching stupid, brainless TV. It is doing all of this, while wearing the most sumptuous, rich burgundy red lipstick... for no other reason than just because I can**.

And it's not just any lipstick, my friends. It is the coveted PS Kiss by Lancome. I miraculously managed to snag a tube through a most accommodating and considerate fellow beauty-obsessor in the US, and I'm so giddy and grateful it's a bit ridiculous. It's definitely a strong, statement-shade. The slight purple-y, almost grey tinge to it gives it a slightly ... bruised... look that is very modern, but not fussy. LOVE!

For a look at this lipstick in action, hop on over to MakeUp Bag -- Erika wears the shade so well. Plus she did this nifty series on red lipsticks that has been keeping me sane over the past week of sleepless nights and endless piles of undergrad writing.

And after all that, come back tomorrow where I will tell you how to look like the pretty shiny people on TV.


Pouty gorgeous scotch-scented kisses!
~G


*Lest you go off thinking that I live some hoity-toity glamourous lifestyle, let me assure you that I was wearing jeans and a floppy sweater and strewn across a futon. And I live in a basement that is barely taller than me. And the cheese was Cracker Barrel. So no, no glamour... I just like scotch is all.

** Let us consider this my official "F-OFF" to Maddox. (Pretty darn offensive link, read at your own caution) Even if he sort of has a point about the Crocs. (Sorry, Croc-lovers. But it's true, you will probably have much better chances of scoring if you wear real shoes.) [Ducks as various objects are hurled towards her]



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:12 a.m., Blogger Kat said...

Ohhhhhhh SO jealous! I am itching to get my hands on that lipstick! It is the color I have been trying to find for YEARS! And now it is so close, yet so so so far! I am really hoping that when I go to maui in a week in a half that I can buy it somewhere there!!
Again, SO JEALOUS!

 
At 4:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say, for the record, that there is clearly a difference betwen those two shades of red! Also, I loves me Crocs, even if they are ugly. Hurrah!

 
At 4:22 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Kat: Maui! You lucky thing, how exciting! Is this any sort of special, honey-moonish trip?

Yeah, I'd definitely stalk out any and all Nordstroms in the area for it. Or clobber some unsuspecting passer-by with great lipstick, just in case she might have one on her. It is that good.

Ex-Roomie: I know, right?! I sat and stared at that thing for minutes, thinking that they were absolutely different, "delta 4" my ass. And as for Crocs, I mostly have a problem with the giant neon Crocs that in no way resembles any shoe that a sane, older-than-5-years-old, non-clown person would wear. I mean... why?!

In the interest of full disclosure, I even briefly considered a pair of pastel Croc flats when I was in HK, until I got distracted by something shiny and gadgety.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home