Thursday, July 26, 2007

Product Review: Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer

This review was brought to you by Meg's Makeup. To see what others thought of this moisturizer, check out the reviews here!


Dudes. I had to spend last night at The Boy's place unexpectedly (okay, "chose to spend...", whatever) , and thus had none of my gear with me. I mean, I had soap and shampoo and all that basic stuff over there, but no beauty stuff... no cleanser, no moisturizer... nothing. All the makeup I had was whatever was in my purse, so my deepest and most sincere apologies to whoever saw me at work this morning and gagged a little at my appearance*.

Being away from my moisturizers sucked, and I don't even have super-dry skin. But this experience of missing a moisturizer reminded me of a product I'd received from the razor-sharp wits over at Meg's Makeup a bajillion moons ago. I never posted about it here! Egads. Well here it is: Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer. And lemme tell ya: I LOVED it!




This cream... so gel-like and cushy and quenching. So refreshing and calming. So delightful in its soft vanilla-lemon-apple scent. So lustworthy. So $45 USD for 2 oz (!). So little left in my jar. So sad.

I used this throughout the late winter/spring, and I don't know if it was the moisturizer that did it, or just all those holidays that involved copious consumption of chocolate and alcohol. But my skin looked brighter and more even, and felt silkily plump. And I smelled like a princess who could afford to use kinda-bling** face cream at bedtime, so that's always a bonus.

I have been hoarding away the last little bit in the jar for a few months now. My old standby (L'Oreal HappyDerm) is still as good as ever, but I miss that Green Apple Moisturizer! I've heard that Juce Organics makes a drug-store version of it that is much more affordable, but I keep forgetting to pick it up whenever I'm in the States. And no matter how awesome Juice Beauty's moisturizer is, unless it also happens to pay my rent and buy me groceries, I'll have to stick to its humbler (but hopefully adequate!) cousins for now.

What's the scoop, blog friends? Have you tried Juice Beauty's Green Apple moisturizer? Or Juice Organic's version? What do you think?



* It actually wasn't that bad, if I may say so myself. On a good-skin day, some judiciously applied concealer, and a brozny-rose lipstic (Estee Lauder's Sugar Honey") on the cheeks and lips can do wonders.

** Not really bling though. It ain't balla like this stuff.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen this at Sephora and I've seen the Juice Organics line at Shoppers Drug Mart. Can't remember the prices but now you don't have to make a trip to the US anymore.

 
At 4:15 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Whooo hoo! I thought I say some Juice Organics stuff at Superstore, but I haven't seen it since, so I thought maybe I was hallucinating. Shopper's is much more reliable! Thanks Bluz!

 
At 9:31 a.m., Blogger yummy411 said...

you've been tagged! check out my blog =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home