Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Product Review: Beauty Rush Lipgloss (by Victoria's Secret)

Bonne Belle Strawberry Kiwi Lipsmacker.

Does that mean anything to anyone? It sure does to me. That smell ... to me, it is my first ever high school band trip, all the way to Seattle, WA. It is trying to change out of concert gear and into street clothes while on a bus with 50 other kids (feckin' panty-hose!). It is me angling for the attention of my First High School Crush (a senior! Oh the scandal!), the thrill of sitting next to him for entire HOURS at a time, and play-fighting with him on the marina. It is the leaden disappointment I felt when I found out he had asked out a girl he liked to his Grad, and the ensuing grit-your-teeth-and-smile-dammit sensibility that I carried around the rest of that trip.

A whole lot from such a little lipbalm!

It's crazy how something so insignificant can remind you of so much. One whiff of that lipsmacker and I'm 15 again. And the instant I slicked on some of Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush lipbalm in Melonrageous, I had another flashback:





Caboodles! This smelled just like those little drugstore glosses from yore, in the watermelon flavour. Except Beauty Rush's version is much less thick and sticky. A medium-weight gloss with a smooth texture, Melonrageous goes on with high shine and a very sheer medium pink colour. This will add a touch of colour to the face, but it's very see-through.

I also got 2 more shades (they were 2 for $10! I couldn't resist!). I Want Candy is a pale milky pink, and tastes like... well, candy. I lost the gloss shortly after I got it, so I'm not too acquainted with it, but it seemed pleasant enough.

Pinked Lemonade is a hot pink, sort of magenta-ish*, with an iridescent pinky-violet shimmer. It smells and tastes PHENOMENAL. It's mostly in the smell, actually, as these glosses do have that slight plasticky taste that most flavoured glosses have. But seriously, if you like pink lemonade, and if you like scented glosses, you simply must try this. Despite its vibrancy in the tube, it's quite easy to wear, since the colour is again quite sheer.

The Beauty Rush glosses are moderately sticky, but great if you are looking for a shiny sheer look and lots of flavour. I could do with something a little more moisturizing, but they're not bad. Definitely a fun purchase, it's perfect for tweens and teens who want something a bit nicer than Bonnebell, but who aren't quite ready yet for the department store stuff. Oh, and also for gloss-a-holics with a sweet tooth, of course!



* I am very intrigued by a deep hot pink/magenta lip these days. With minimal blush & shadow, but with a bit of sharp eyeliner, sooty black lashes, and sleek hair -- very modern and strong. A little bit CEO and a little bit rock 'n roll. Or with bare eyes, and bright, almost sun-burnt looking cheeks. I see it all in my head, but in person, I'd rather try it out in gloss-form first so no children run around pointing and yelling "Tramp! Purple-lipped tramp!" at me. Just in case I, you know, end up looking like one of those "ladies" on Church street.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:01 a.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

Hi ya,
Where did you get this?
I'm not going anywhere for the res of the summer so I'll be here when you come home.

Hugs,
Syl

 
At 11:31 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Sweeet! Can't wait!

I got this at La Senza (they got bought out by Victoria's Secret), they launched the VS body/beauty products early last month, I think? Not all of the stores carry it though, so I'd call to check first.

 
At 8:24 p.m., Blogger Lu said...

Hello hello ladies!
So good to read something about a product that I actually have! I do have one Beauty Rush Lipgloss, in the "Slice of Heaven" color/flavor. Its quite pale while in the tube, and really see-through on the lips. I just love it cause it tastes soooo good (like cotton candy!) and is sticky enough to last for hours and not too sticky as if you had eaten fried chicken!
It´s worth it!!

 
At 8:29 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Hi Luiza! Do they have Victoria's Secret in Brazil? I figure with Gisele as an "angel", they'd better!!

I just slicked on some more Pinked Lemonade... these glosses are just too tasty! I was a bit scared off by the really pale looking ones, but now that I know they're so sheer, I must go back and try them...

 
At 4:41 p.m., Blogger Lu said...

hey hey there!
unfortunately we dont have Victoria's Secret here, tho most of the "Angels" are from Brazil!
But everybody that goes abroad brings some treats from that store!! Specially the mosturizers and body lotions.
So yeah, go ahead and try the pale ones!
xoxo

 
At 8:08 a.m., Blogger Ladylipstick said...

My favorite lip memory is Maybelline Kissing Potion-the vanilla one. I was beside myself when I found it at Target!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home