Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And now, back to your regularly scheduled frivolity

Hey, you know how I don't watch reality TV? Another show that I "don't" watch is American Idol. Really, I could care less about it (especially after they booted the very hot, very talented Chris off the show!), but it's on after ANTM, and, well... you know all about that already.

So anyway, I caught this season's finale, and I've gotta say that it was pretty darn entertaining. Burt Bacharach! Prince!!! Di-onne frickin' Warwick!!!! They must have blown their budget for that one. I especially liked Taylor Hick's awkward-adolescent dancing with Toni Braxton. Po' Southern boy didn't know where to put his hands... Good TV fun!

The highlight of the evening though, was watching Michael Sandeki, the now-infamous Clay Aiken wannabe receive his "Best Impersonation" award. I mean, his whole-body reaction to Clay appearing on stage was pretty hilarious, but the funniest part was... Clay's hair. Windswept bangs! How en vogue of you, Clay! I remembered that when Season 2 of Idol was on (and, um, when I didn't watch that either), I could never look at Clay sing. I could either look at him with the TV on mute, or close my eyes and listen to him. But the full multi-modal experience gave me some major heebie jeebies. I was never sure why...




... Until that fateful moment when Clay stepped out on stage. It was then that I realized:




Clay Aiken and Lindsay Lohan are yet another pair of unholy cross-gendered clones*! My heebie jeebies were caused by the fact that a big male voice was coming from a little girl's face. *shudder*

Either Clay's stylist is doing a great job, or LaLohan's is doing a very poor one. Or maybe "The Parent Trap" was REAL, and there really WERE 2 little twin girls! Except one was a boy! Kind of!

Well, I'm off to proctor an exam! Why does that always sound so dirty???



* Ok, the pics don't do their freakish resemblance justice. But if you saw the show, you know exactly what I'm getting at.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:27 p.m., Blogger Kat said...

Ahh yes! Now I understand why he looks so odd!! That has been bothering me since I watched the finale of AI. Thank god! Now I can sleep at night without worrying about who clay akin or LaLohan really is!!
Hahaha!
LOVE IT!
They both have the baby face thing going on (well seing as LaLohan has sworn off food she doesn't any more, but now we know where the other twin went!)

 
At 10:14 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

So freaky, yeah? I've also heard comparisons to KD Lang, which are not unwarranted.

It was so depressing searching through pics of LaLohan to use... from so hot to so not. Sigh.

 
At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

Just watched CNTP and I was concerned for a moment, they all seemed too quiet. Slacker girl had to go, what's with the attitude and has she ever used a brush?

 
At 10:33 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Yeah I know hey? It's called conditioner, honey. I kept envisioning her as some doped out boarder bum, cigarette all dangling from her mouth and half-drunk bottle of beer clutched in her hand. Although her pho-to WAS prett great.

I guess I'm rootin' for the Bridgette Bardot lookalike, and Dawn (CalgarY!) who is just insanely pretty. But kind of a bore. Crazy Asian girl needs to go, her eyes haunt me... in the monsters-under-my-bed kind of way.

Mostly though, we were all laughing at how low rent it all was. Like when they reduplicated Jay Emmanuel's "you guys were a mess"? I betcha they blew half their editing budget just on that.

Still gonna watch the whole season though! I wonder if it's being broadcast in the States?

 
At 1:53 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

Satellite, it's definitely being seen in the US. Seemed pretty bare in comparison to the American one or maybe just a bit more understated. I love the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home