Monday, April 09, 2007

I like food... and dreams... and whispers... and Meg's Makeup!*

Mail time is always an adventure at my house. Every once in a while, I get these delightful little packages of samples and goodies in the mail. Hilariously, these packages will often include "Glitterati" under my real name (or sometimes in place of my real name). As dear Roomie says, "The Post Office guys must think a stripper lives here". I love it!

Anyway, my secret stripper-life aside (that phrase is SO gonna come back and haunt me one day...), some of the best packages I get come from Meg's Makeup. I think in the excitement of the reviews, I forget to stress how valuable Meg's site is (regardless of whether or not they send me stuff!).




The philosophy behind the site is to get fair and unbiased reviews of higher-end items, so that consumers don't end up wasting $65 on a crappy face cream, for example. (Incidentally, I love almost everything Meg sends, so I guess I don't really save people money, but the potential is there!) A whole bunch of reviewers will share their experiences with products, and you can see the reviewer's vitals (e.g., colouring, skin type, age, etc.) right under each review.

The ladies on the board are smart, sassy, and LITERATE. My God. I know it's just the internet, but I am a language snob (well, maybe just a language geek), and so it really really bugs me to see reviews like "Haha I got dis frum my sis its great I luv it". That is not a review. It is a text message. Possibly sent by someone who has the unfortunate circumstance of suffering from both ADHD and dyslexia, I don't know. It may not be fair, but when I read something like that, I tend to assume the author is a moron unless proven otherwise. But I digress -- the point is that Meg's is full of intelligent, helpful, and honest opinions. I have discovered fantastic products and even some handy tips from the great community of makeup savvy ladies at Meg's. Plus, they've always got scrumptious contests and giveaways. Love love love!

Stay tuned next week for reviews of a foundation that stays true; the most awesome mask with which to beautify your complexion and scare friends & family; and a clever little pencil that may just save you hundreds of dollars!


*It's from Blades of Glory. G.O.B is in it! It's awesome!



Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:09 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

OMG I just saw Blades and it was really funny, I don't think I'll look at figure skating the same way again.
Thanks for the shout out about Chelsea of the PCD search, I so hope she wins.

 
At 3:39 p.m., Blogger tasmin said...

Hi there, I love your blog - really interesting! I will be back to visit here again :)

visit tasmins health and beauty blog for free make-up tips

 

Post a Comment

<< Home