Friday, April 06, 2007

Product Review: Lumiere Cosmetics Mineral Eye Shadows

Hi friends! Here I am again! Posting! For the 2nd day in a row! Just as I promised!

So today is Part Eyeshadow of my review of Lumiere's line of mineral makeup. Check out yesterday's post for my thoughts on the foundation.




Ooooh, how I love a pretty sparkly shadow. And ooooh how I love a company that has over 100 shades, in various finishes! I got the Soft Brown, Divine, and Light Plum shades.

Soft Brown is just that -- a lovely shimmering brown that goes on dry for a sheer wash of colour; a neutral with some kick.











Divine is a rich sparkling purple -- a total rock-star shade for me. I use it with a damp brush as a liner, and it is awesome. You can go smokey or edgey, and it doesn't look garish.






Light Plum was a bit pinker than I usually go for, but looks seriously pretty if I use a light hand. If you like rose/wine shades, you'll like this.








All three shades I tried were from the Eye Shimmers line. The company also makes matte colours, sheer and intense iridescent shimmers, and even a special line for sensitive eyes. Although I've never used a MAC Pigment, I bet that these would give MAC a run for its money. The shimmers in these look phenomenal. Just stunning. I'd to try some of their sheerer shades, which would more suit my every-day style.

(Here's a tip: If you want to try the Proenza Pink trend, but don't want to commit to buying a lipstick, try mixing a pink shade of shadow like Blush or Pink Pearl with a bit of lipbalm. Even if it ends up looking hideous on your lips, it'll probably still look great on your lids!)


Hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend! Here are some great beauty reads to check out between the Easter Egg hunts and the coma-inducing chocolate consumption:


Ageless in Los Angeles tells us about Jerry Hall's Walk of Fame

All Lacquered Up Explores New Nail Territories - The Underside

Beautiful Makeup Search tries "h" Serum - a Human Growth Hormone for your Skin

Beauty and Fashion Tech takes a look at Kenozki Skin Care

Beauty and Personality Grooming tries treating acne with essential oils

Aveda launches Earth Month, and Pretty by Nature shares the story.

Spa Blah Blah features True Beauties: Childhelp Founders Sara O'Meara and Yvonne Fedderson

The Beauty Newsletter is excited about Sephora 's 75% off sale. Elke's getting some goodies!

The Life of a Ladybug asks: Yes'n or No v'n: the Louboutin Manicure

Let's talk about beauty and health gives us Tips for your skin (Part 1)




Labels: ,