Friday, March 26, 2010

Product Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum

Hi folks! After a week of blessedly balmy spring-like weather, we're getting hit with some chilly, depressing winds today. But this cold snap DID remind me that I wanted to talk about my new skin-saviour, The Body Shop's Vitamin E Serum. (See? I told you there was a reason I kept harping on about Body Shop sales!)




Normally I'm not much for serums. I mean, I love them and all their luxe goodness, but I don't tend to see them as a necessary part of a skincare routine. Well that all changed when my skin started flipping out for no reason last month. Red splotches, irritation, dryness... and don't even get me started on how difficult it was to put on SPF in the morning (yeeowtch!). I was baffled... I hadn't changed anything, wasn't trying new makeup, my makeup brushes were clean... and yet there I was. I even started breaking out a bit (which rarely happens anymore). I switched up my moisturizers... stopped using silica powder... I even bought a new "sensitive-skin" night cream, but nothing worked.

Then I remembered that I had tried TBS' Vit. E serum a while back (when my skin was normal), and how soft and supple it made my face. So I dashed out in a hurry to buy another bottle, and God, it's like a cool drink of water. Within days (like, overnight, really), it soothed the red splotches and irritation, and started to take care of the dry flakes. I still need to use moisturizer over it (the new one I bought from Nivea seems to be working well), but now I can bear to wear sunscreen again. Plus, my skin's stopped breaking out, which is a big relief.

For $20 CAD, this baby's a bargain. (Of course, it's even better when there's a sale!) The airless pump is sanitary, and a tube lasts about 2 months for me with daily and nightly use. It sinks in fast, with a light, clean, slightly floral scent that I like. This isn't your fancy-ass, peptide-collagen-transfolipid-speed-of-light kind of serum. But for adding a soothing boost of moisture to your skin, you can't ask for much more!


Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At 7:55 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

I love this myself, I quite often buy Origins serum but it's like 3 times the price and this does a very similar job for far less.

 
At 10:43 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Yeah, I was astounded at the prices when I went skincare shopping! Not sure if I've just been using the same cheap stuff forever or what, but to buy a serum from Sephora is to forgo food for a week. Crazy!

 
At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Cowgirl Warrior said...

In terms of yoga dvds. I really like Kate Potter's Namaste series. Can be found at Chapters in mini sets.
Her explanation is really good and she always says it doesn't need to be perfect as that's what you're working towards.

 
At 5:13 p.m., Anonymous Angela said...

I had a bad experience with a Vitamin E serum product several years ago, which has made me very wary. Thank you for reviewing this serum, I'll definitely have to give it a try! I love your blog, keep it up. :)

 
At 11:37 a.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Angela, sorry for the late reply to this, but if you're still reading, TBS staff have been really great about giving out samples lately. Just ask the sales associates, and you can grab a little tub of the serum to try out before shelling out the cash! :)

 
At 5:07 a.m., Anonymous Eyes said...

I'm enjoying reading your point of view here in your posts.....I'm a new reader but will be back to check out more!

 
At 8:07 p.m., Blogger makeupbyjem said...

I have a vitamin E serum already but I love the body shop and I think I might try this one!

 
At 12:06 p.m., Anonymous Jacqui MacNeill (Escents Aromatherpy Essential Oils) said...

Sounds like this skin serum really did the trick! It's nice when you find exactly what you need. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:07 a.m., Anonymous John Lewis uk said...

I used it myself i must say it is one of the good product my Bodyshop

 
At 1:59 a.m., Blogger tiffany_keep_going said...

thanks;)
I think i will try this

 
At 8:24 a.m., Blogger ellareiss said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need.)
Wow! Beautiful blog and I really enjoyed on your blog.I would like to this product.

Murano Glass

 
At 8:25 a.m., Blogger ellareiss said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need.)
Wow! Beautiful blog and I really enjoyed on your blog.I would like to this product.

Murano Glass

 
At 3:11 a.m., Anonymous Tyler Jones said...

This is a good one. I am going to suggest this page to a few friends of mine and I am sure they are going to love it.

 
At 3:15 a.m., Anonymous pay day loans said...

I came across this page by chance and I think it is a good thing that I did. Good stuff!

 
At 11:25 a.m., Blogger Carol Lee said...

Are serums supposed to be oily? And if it is oily, i assume that this might trigger pimple, please do correct me as i want to try some skin care products before consulting an acne doctor in NYC. Thanks!

 
At 1:23 a.m., Blogger Beautylux said...

best eye wrinkle cream
best face moisturizer for dry skin
best moisturizer for oily skin
natural skin care australia
natural skin care products
hair product australia

 
At 12:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read this blog . it is so useful for me thank you
what is vitamin e good for

 
At 7:52 a.m., Blogger John Miller said...

Thiamine, also known as vitamin B1 deficiency can lead to mental and neurological symptoms. The signs can include weakness, weight loss in the legs, heart rate irregularity and psychosis. Vitamin B complexes help you get the vitamin B1 that you require and you can also consume pork and liver, liposomal vitamin C brown rice oatmeal, leafy vegetables eggs, potatoes and other vegetables.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home