Monday, February 08, 2010

Product Review: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick

Guys, gather 'round, actor announcement! I love MAC's Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme in Your Coffee! I love it so much that I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it ... um, on my lips.*

Okay, remember my last MAC lipstick and how much I loved it? Well it's still great and all, but I've discovered the shade is a titch toooo dark and it is just a little toooo drying to wear regularly. And because of my short attention span, if I don't wear it regularly, I pretty much don't wear it at all. But this, my friends, this is the real deal.


First, the colour. It, like MAC Fast Play, is a pink-brown midtoned neutral. But it is a little more pink/mauve than Fast Play, and a hair lighter. Combined with the slightly less pigmented finish, it means that it goes on more subtly, but still classes up my act so much so that I feel I should wear ridiculously wide-brimmed hats to some garden parties or something. (AKA: I feel all lady-like and stuff.) It goes great with lots of different looks, save for the smokiest of eyes, perhaps.

But the colour's not all. The Cremesheen formula is just gorgeous. Pigmented and matte enough to feel like real lipstick - because hello, I have like 8 similarly toned sheer & shiny lipglosses, and that's just the ones in my purse right now. But with a slight sheen to it, so your lips look hydrated and soft. It also feels substantially nicer than the Amplified Cream formula... I can wear it all day in comfort, though I do need to put on a little extra balm at night-time. It also lasts a good amount of time, and when it does wear, it wears evenly (no gross crusty ring around the outside of the lips).

So yeah. I know it's not like a hot Spring release or whatever, but a good neutral lippie is worth a thousand flash-in-the-pan trends, no?


*30 Rock? Anyone? Bueller?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:28 p.m., Blogger Lisa said...

Cool will consider next time i'm shopping!

 
At 1:54 p.m., Blogger Arianne said...

Hmmm... I own a few Cremesheens and while I did like it before, after trying the Lustre formula, I found Cremesheens too drying to go back to.

I do like Cremesheens for their pigmentation though. :)

 
At 7:31 p.m., Blogger The Glitterati said...

Hi Arianne! :) Oooh, I haven't tried the Lustres yet, how pigmented do you find them? I kind of lumped them in with really sheer lipsticks (something like Clinique's Buttershines, maybe)... is that the case? If they have a bit more oomph than that, I might well check 'em out... I'm eternally searching for a moisturizing lipstick that doesn't wear off in like 20 mins.

 
At 4:25 p.m., Blogger Arianne said...

They are not very pigmented, but you can definitely layer them... maybe 3 layers to get maximum colour out of them. It's a good no-fail lipstick to swipe on without a mirror. Plus, I like the shine they add to my lips. :)

 
At 3:37 p.m., Anonymous vintage cocktail recipes said...

Love ladies wearing lipstick, but prefer the wet look of gloss!

 
At 3:40 p.m., Anonymous Jane says said...

Will it stick to my wineglass?

 
At 1:09 a.m., Blogger cottasofia said...

Hey! I like this color. It gives pretty look. Looking at your amazing blog, I can only say that u are just fabulous and mind blowing.

Murano Glass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home