Boy Valentine's Day
I had a nice, lazy hazy kind of weekend. I made oven-baked BBQ ribs. They are awesome.
That reminds me... I heard about this thing... "Boy Valentine's Day". The day varies (Feb 15th, March 14th, or some variant of that), but the theme is always the same: Meat and Sex. Apparently, girls get roses and candy, and boys get steaks and BJs.
Ha! This proves once again that men are ridiculously simple creatures whose affections can be won through their stomachs and their ... er... tender bits. Besides, who says girls don't equally like eating a messy rib dinner and receiving sexual favours?! We just want flowers and chocolates in addition is all. Is that really so much to ask for?
Oh, and FYI, here is the ridiculously easy recipe for the ribs, courtesy of the kind folks over at Allrecipes. These ribs take almost zero effort, and result in falling-off-the-bone goodness. Restaurant-quality, for serious. Go try them now!
1) Cut ribs into individual portions (about 4 ribs per portion)
2) Slather each portion (top & bottom!) in your favourite BBQ sauce. (I like Tony Roma's, but I used Cattle Boyz last night, and that was also yum)
3) Wrap the sauce-covered ribs tighly in a double layer of foil.
4) Let the rib packets sit in the fridge for 4 hours. Or more. Or less. Whatever, they'll still taste good.
5) Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
6) Place rib packets on foil-lined sheet and bake for 2 hours.
7) Open the packets and take out the ribs, draining any liquid (can be used for gravy or stew or soups). Put ribs directly on baking sheet and brush with more BBQ sauce.
8) Broil for another 10-15 mins to get the sauce all sticky and glazed.
9) Serve with some kind of salad or coleslaw or whatever strikes your fancy. Have lots of napkins around, and be prepared for the lavish praise that your dinner guests will heap upon you. Depending on how much wine you serve with this dinner, some of them may even propose to you!*
Erm, I should probably get to working. I've bought shitloads of products in the last week, and am working on a review of the new Colour Luminator thingie by John Frieda. Hopefully that will go up in the next few days... stay tuned!
* I mean, that's never happened to me, I'm just saying that it might happen, to y'know, other people.